Monday, January 10, 2011

My writing history

I have a story that someday I will tell.  I would love to write about it, but I am not sure that I possess the necessary skills to put it down yet.  I am sure it would be a best seller though.  I have written newsletters and articles for the various jobs I have had over the years, and enjoy writing very much.  I have edited people's papers and helped my son to write an effective essay which landed him quite a nice scholarship.  I do love to write , and I love to read.  But I need more skills before I attempt such a feat.

My hope in this process of taking Composition 1 at OCC is that I will learn more skills, that will allow me to have the confidence to write a book someday.  Researching is not a strong suit for me, and MLA citing confuses me immensely, so I am looking forward to becoming smarter in those areas as well.  I would like to be able to state my views more clearly with less words, and in a more effective manner.  In a convincing manner, that will influence the world and bring them all over to my side.  Or at least be able to state my opinions with confidence.  I know it's a tall order for a 15 week class, but we all have to have goals, and start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment